At MercyOne, building and retaining a strong, professional health care workforce in the Clinton area is a top priority. To help achieve this goal, MercyOne Clinton Foundation annually offers scholarships for area students who are pursuing a health-related field.
“We are grateful to be able to offer scholarships to students of any age,” said Julie Dunn, executive director of the MercyOne Clinton Foundation, adding that while some scholarships in the area may only be available for high school seniors, MercyOne Clinton offers the opportunity for scholarships to any student furthering his or her education in health care. “We recognize the commitment to a health care education often extends several years, and we are honored to be able to provide financial help to those students who have committed to serving in the health care field.”
According to Dunn, the Foundation offers scholarships that range from $250 to $1,000, and applications are now available for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. “The need for highly skilled individuals to serve in patient care, lab, radiology, respiratory care or any number of health care fields continues to grow and we are pleased to offer scholarships that will help students in the eastern Iowa or western Whiteside area achieve academic training.”
The scholarships available include the following:
- The Mercy Auxiliary Scholarship is available to those pursuing a degree in a health-related field.
- The Dr. Frank O. Kershner Scholarship is available to those pursuing a nursing degree.
- The Patrick and Anna McKay Scholarship is available to colleagues of MercyOne Medical Center and their relatives pursuing a health-related degree.
- The Lori Skiff Memorial Nursing Scholarship is available to MercyOne RN's pursuing a higher education in the field of nursing.
- The N.K.L. Scholarship is available to those admitted to a nursing program and scholarship funds are used for education in pursuit of a nursing degree.
Applications for the scholarships are available at the MercyOne Clinton website at mercyone.org/clinton/communitybenefit
. All applications are due March 31, 2021.
MercyOne Clinton Foundation works to enhance the quality and delivery of health care in eastern Iowa and western Illinois by providing financial assistance to MercyOne Clinton Medical Center and its not-for-profit health-related institutions. Formed in 1989, the Foundation raises funds to support equipment purchases and enhance programs of the medical center. Since inception, more than $8 million has been raised by the Foundation to establish new services or to improve the service to patients and residents.
For more information about MercyOne Clinton Foundation
or the scholarship program, please contact Lisa Myli at MercyOne Clinton Foundation, 563-244-3535 or Mylil@mercyhealth.com