Ohnward Bancshares, Inc. is pleased to donate $481,021 to local individuals and community organizations across five counties during its 5th annual Pay it Ohnward campaign and 8th annual Grilling for Charity initiative.
The Pay It Ohnward program provides up to $100 to employees to give to a deserving individual, family or organization of their choice. Many times, departments and branches combine funds to create a more substantial donation. Employees are encouraged to use their time, talent and influence to generate change. These initiatives not only showcase the culture at Ohnward, but greatly impact local communities. Pay It Ohnward gifts in 2018 alone total $19,555.
Ohnward Bancshares President Brigham Tubbs explains that the Pay It Ohnward program is part of the company’s culture and is now highly anticipated and regarded by employees and the communities they serve.
“Our Pay It Ohnward program speaks to the heart of what Ohnward is all about,” said Tubbs. “I am proud that our employees find ways to give back to the community and be of service to others all year long. We want to show that generosity and acts of kindness can make a big difference in people’s lives.”
Bank partners also host Grilling for Charity events throughout the summer months. The Ohnward organization provides all the food and volunteers, and a nonprofit recipient is selected for each event. Donations from individuals and area businesses can range from $2 - $1,000. Grilling for Charity events in 2018 totaled $19,548.
Abram Tubbs, President of Ohnward Bancshares, Inc. states, “Creating opportunities for our employees and in turn our communities is not just a goal for Ohnward. It’s a core component of our mission statement, ‘Every day we will make a positive difference in the financial lives of everyone touch’. Whether it’s grilling for charity or supporting non-profits through service hours and donations, our main objective is to continuously make a positive difference.”
In addition to the Pay It Ohnward and Grilling for Charity contributions, Ohnward banks continue to make donations to area schools, benefits, and non-profits throughout their footprint, which benefit youth, seniors, veterans, animals and various causes. In 2018 Ohnward donations and sponsorships totaled over $165,585 and Ohnward charitable commitments came to $276,333.
Ohnward continues to make local communities better places to live, work and play.
INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS POSITIVLY AFFECTED BY OHNWARD CONTRIBUTIONS:
Parks to People • Great Give Day • JCEA • YMCA • Maquoketa Betterment • Goodenow Field *Maquoketa Ag Building • Maquoketa Extension Building • North Scott Legacy • Frances Banta Wagner Library • CRDC • Clinton Rotary – Annual Eagle Point Lodge • Clinton Victory Center • Sawmill Museum
• Mercy Healthcare Foundation • Mawuvios Outreach High School Scholarship Student • Camp Courageous • Cascade Elementary Reading Project-Energy Bus • Cedar Rapids Fire Department
• Central City Running Club • City of Monticello-Fountain Project • Dogs Forever • McCarthy Benefit
• Four Oaks Family Connections • Freedom Festival • Central City Butterfly Garden • Kintzel Family
• Klein Family • Kenwood Park Share • Kids of Baldwin-Park Project • Knox Blocks Foundation • Marion Cares • Matthew 25 Café • Midland Elementary; PBIS • Midland Jr High School; PBIS • Schmit Memorial • Set Free Dubuque • Small Heroes, Mighty Cause • St Thomas Aquinas; Pastorate Development Fund • Stead Family Children’s Hospital • United Way • Waypoint Services • Whispering Hope and Rescue • Kicks for Kids • 1920’s One Room School House Exhibit – LeClaire, IA • Central DeWitt Saber Special Olympics • Cody PTA • DeWitt Referral Center • Bethany for Children & Families
• Flammang Benefit • Long Grove Volunteer Fire Department – Trauma Kits • Warnemunde Family • Over the Edge for Big Brothers, Big Sisters • Summer Reading Program • Eagle Heights Reading Program
• Teach Children to Save • Cake Auction • Athletic Boosters “Crowned” Fundraiser • Clinton Band Boosters – Music on the Mississippi • Future Business Leaders of America • Area 4-H Clubs and FFA Chapters • Athletic Boosters • Drama Boosters • Music Boosters • Angel Gowns for Babies Gone too soon • Satterly – Bucket List and more…
Ohnward Bancshares, Inc., a billion-dollar plus holding company with 19 financial offices in Eastern Iowa including Maquoketa State Bank with offices in Maquoketa, Andrew, and Preston; Ohnward Bank & Trust with offices in Baldwin, Cascade, Cedar Rapids, Central City, Marion and Monticello; First Central State Bank with offices in Clinton, DeWitt, Eldridge, Goose Lake, LeClaire and Long Grove. Trust services are offered through all banking offices under the Ohnward banner, which includes Ohnward Insurance Group, Central Realty, Ohnward Financial Advisor Services, Ohnward Farm Management, Ohnward Tax, Accounting and Business Services, Vosler Investment Group and Ohnward Wealth & Retirement.
Ohnward Bancshares, Inc., has assets of $1.1 Billion, capital of $150 Million and employs over 260 full and part time employees. Ohnward is locally owned by shareholders living primarily in Jackson, Clinton, Scott, Jones, and Linn Counties. Bank management’s focus continues to be helping clients and communities grow and prosper. The banks and ancillary businesses have a strong record of community and economic development, and educational and cultural support within the markets they serve.