Job Summary: The Member Engagement Coordinator will coordinate events and programs that support the Chamber’s strategic plan and annual program of work. The Member Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the management and oversight of membership recruitment and retention, manage social media and assist with website maintenance, building relationships through a variety of methods, including but not limited to, personal visits, production of events, leading of committees as needed, and maintenance of various communication platforms and channels maintained by the Clinton Area Chamber.
Supervisor: President & CEO, Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Increase membership and maintain a high membership retention rate.
- Schedule and execute member retention and member sales visits according to a strategic workplan.
- Build relationships with the existing members of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce as well as actively solicit businesses to become or to return to be members of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Coordinate with Member Investment Committee.
- Coordinate and assist with business visits, ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings with the Chamber Ambassadors.
Marketing and Social Media
- Manage the various communication platforms and channels maintained by the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce, including the website, Facebook and other social media accounts.
- Contribute to the monthly newsletter.
- Assist in advertising purchases and public relations campaigns that are consistent with the Chamber’s branding.
- Create marketing material such as relocation packets, membership packets and event flyers.
- Seek out new technology tools that provide value to Chamber members and investors.
- Provide professional leadership in the production of Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce events, including scheduling, budgeting, implementing and reporting, as detailed in the Chamber’s Program of Work.
- Provide professional leadership of Chamber volunteers in the production of Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce events.
- Implement programs that allow members to network and connect with one another, including, but not limited to: monthly Biz After 5, coffees, luncheons, training and events.
- Prepare an annual Membership Services budget for approval by the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Oversee the Membership Services portion of the Chamber’s budget.
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO as needed.
- Conduct and/or attend committee meetings as assigned, including Events Committee and Ambassador program.
- Assist with office administration as necessary, such as answering phones, assisting customers, and other duties as required.
- Learn ChamberMaster and counsel members about use.
- Assist Chamber President & CEO and Chamber Business Manager in the successful collection of accounts receivable.
Other duties as assigned by the Chamber President & CEO.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Genuine ability to connect with people and form relationships.
- Demonstrated capability in initiating and monitoring several projects at once.
- Demonstrated capability utilizing social media and other technology platforms.
- Proficient in computer (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Must be able to take charge and show strategic initiative in a dynamic environment.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Associate degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field plus documented work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of professional work experience preferred.
- Residency within Clinton, Camanche or Fulton
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Valid drivers’ license without restrictions and proof of insurance.
- Physical requirements are those of a typical office setting with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
SALARY AND BONUS
- Commensurate with experience. Please include salary expectations at time of
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
PO Box 1024
Clinton, IA 52733-1024
***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS. ***