The primary function of the lifeguard will be to safeguard the health and safety of YWCA members, class participants, and guests. Must have current lifeguard and CPR certification. Willing to train for exceptional candidates.
- Reports to work a minimum of ten minutes prior to assigned shift in order to receive communications and instructions from supervisor or previous lifeguard.
- Responsible for safety of all swimmers during shift and for the interpretation and enforcement of all pool rules.
- Responsible for chemical reading of pool conditions according to bathing code. Adjusts pool as necessary.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the pool area and equipment and notifying supervisor of any needed repairs or adjustments. May perform needed repairs as qualified.
- Lifeguards must be sitting or standing during their entire shift of work.
- Exposure to some chemicals; hot humid environment.
- lifeguard: 1 year preferred, will train if necessary.
- Clinton, IA 52732