Job Title: Director, Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB)
Date of this Description: January 2017
Job Summary: Promote and Enhance Tourist Opportunities in Clinton, Iowa and the surrounding area.
Supervisor: Reports to kPresident & CEO, Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the job (listed in order of importance)
1. Works closely with the Chamber President to continually grow the Tourism Industry in our region.
2. Working with an advisory board under the direction of the Clinton Area Chamber of Board of Directors:
a. Direct sales and marketing efforts of the CVB tailored to attract overnight visitors to the area, to include leisure travelers, business travelers and sporting venues.
b. Seek and create opportunities for tourist groups, sporting activities, and meetings & conventions to plan their events in Clinton.
c. Work with hotels and area attractions to create and foster a welcoming environment which attracts both the leisure and business traveler by practicing exceptional hospitality and customer service.
d. Grow the Hotel/Motel tax.
e. Provide written quarterly report to the City Council.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
3. Ability to Network and Form Relationships
4. Promote Excellent Customer Service
5. Self- Direction
7. Marketing and Event Planning
8. Grant Writing and Fund-Raising Experience.
9. Ability to work in a Team Setting and Dynamic Office Setting
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in communications, marketing, business, education or related field or commensurate experience.
2. Two years of professional work experience preferred.
WEIGHT LIFTING (OR OTHER PHYSICAL) REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Physical requirements are those of a typical office setting.
2. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be necessary depending upon CVB or other Chamber events and work initiatives.
LICENSING, RESIDENCY OR OTHER SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Valid driver’s license and a vehicle capable of travel to out-of-town meetings and conferences. Proof of insurance required.
2. Permanent residency within either the city limits of Clinton or Camanche, Iowa. If applicant is not currently a resident of Clinton or Camanche, Iowa, residency must be established within 6 months of hire.
3. Professional licensures or certifications in the tourism industry preferred.
SALARY AND BONUS:
1. Commensurate with experience. Please include salary expectations at time of Application.
1. ACCE Life Insurance 1-1/2 times annual wage.
2. Accidental Death and Dismemberment 1-1/2 times salary through ACCE.
3. Participation in Medical Plan – exempt and non-exempt coverage.
4. Continuation Coverage – temporary extension of COBRA.
5. Supplemental Retirement Benefits – 5% of the amount claimed on employee’s W-2 to an IRA of the employee’s choice (SEP).
6. Short Term Disability at end of use of total sick leave insurance coverage.
7. Long-Term Disability – 60% of salary if disabled for 30 days.
8. Vacation – 3 weeks’ vacation subject to accrual formula in employee handbook.
9. Paid Holidays – subject to employee handbook.
***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL”. THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS***