Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 400 + associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate should lead and set strategic direction in all preventive, predictive, and curative maintenance activities for the Timken Drives LLC plant in Fulton, IL. Duties include managing and coordinating the maintenance activities (repair, rebuild, replacement) for production and facilities equipment in order to maintain and improve technical parameters. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the ability to support the development of Lean measures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Directly supervise 1st shift mechanical and electrical crews for all areas, including coaching and mentoring direct reports to enhance their technical and interpersonal knowledge and skills.
- Indirectly supervise 2nd shift mechanical and electrical crews for all areas through a team lead, including coaching and mentoring to enhance their technical and interpersonal knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and manufacturing personnel by training and troubleshooting
- Support facilities/electrical maintenance requirements/codes and compliance
- Support for new product launches & new equipment installations
- Manage and initiate Preventive Maintenance Program and track results
- Initiate and support Continuous Improvement programs, e.g. TPM, 6 Sigma, 5S, and Visual Management plant efforts
- Facilitate the creation of a weekly maintenance schedule, and manage
- Develop with area managers and engineering recommendations relative to repair, refurbishment, or replacement of existing equipment, and manage procurement activity of repair and maintenance goods and services.
- Develop a resource load to determine appropriate resources. Develop a maintenance team to execute on activities required to achieve the above objectives including associate development plans.
- Conduct performance evaluations, disciplinary actions with assistance from HR, and address customer (internal) complaints/resolve problems.
- Ensure that facilities and machinery support continuing improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Broad technical background in manufacturing maintenance/manufacturing engineering
- Expertise in lean manufacturing concepts such as flow, kanbans, error proofing, kaizen events, TPM, 5 S zone control, etc.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (prefer Microsoft Excel) with the ability to perform complex calculations and modeling as well as process specific computer skills, e.g. DMACS, bills and routes, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment both as a leader and as a participant.
- Experience working with people of various levels and backgrounds, specifically with operators and maintenance technicians.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Understanding of engineering economics (calculation of investment payback and return on investment for proposed improvement projects). Ability to track project financial performance.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English language.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / develop / manage individual contributors, and know when each skill is required.
- Manufacturing/Mechanical processes or other related technical experience.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Industrial / Mechanical Technology or Engineering
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.