Sign-on bonus of $1,500.00. This position is no weekends and no holidays. We offer paid training and competitive wages.
Part-Time: DAY HABILITATION AIDE
Assist individuals served to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community, assists with activities of daily living, encourages attitudes and behaviors that enhance community inclusion. This position is responsible for providing direct support, positive direction, and assistance to individual's accordance with organizational policies and procedures; and personal outcome measures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily preform each essential function. The requirements/qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or required for this position.
- Provide direct support and positive direction in all daily living skills to individual served, including but not limited to, nutrition, shopping, laundry, personal hygiene, health care, safety, communications, interpersonal relations, mobility, financial assistance, provide assistance in learning the skill of properly taking medication(s), provide various recreational activities.
- Assist in researching and participating in Community Integrated Activities, such as: Spiritual (i.e. church), Civic (i.e. local politics & volunteerism), and Cultural (i.e. community events, clubs, classes).
- Provide services, utilizing frequent and appropriate intervention.
- Assist individuals served to understand and follow their physician's orders regarding diets, repositioning, and range of motion, etc.
- Maintain and submit all required documentation daily (e.g; time sheets, expense reports, progress notes, and other required daily paperwork).
- Review and complete documentation for individuals medications sheet, data collection sheets, and communication logs as required. Provide incidental transportation in privately owned vehicle, or by agency owned vehicle, for individuals served as needed. Must have or obtain class D license.
- Carefully read procedural memos and follow all policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safety rules and procedures.
- Must remain alert and awake while providing services throughout scheduled shift. No sleeping allowed during any shift.
- Adhere to work schedule unless prior arrangements are made through direct Supervisor or Designee.
- Ability to attend and successfully complete all required training, mandatory meetings and other trainings as required.
- Must be able to manage time effectively complete all required training, to work alone and as a team member.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor, Coordinator and stakeholders as needed regarding individuals' progress, issues and concerns.
- Possess the ability to organize, to mediate, to be creative, to multitask, and to be empathetic and willing to learn appropriate interventions. This includes the implementation of personal plans, completion of assessments and daily documentation.
- Must have knowledge of intervention techniques, behavior modification strategies, medical and psychological aspect of disability issues.
- Must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 lbs., using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate the English language both written and orally.
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and a vehicle that is insured & privately owned.
- Ability to perform tasks to include standing, walking, running, listening, and smelling. Must have full range of body motion, including handling and lifting individuals served.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold.
- Must be current on CPR/1st Aide.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.