Responsible for providing individuals served opportunities to participate and to contribute to the life of the community. The Coordinator position provides guidance and supports goal-setting and personal growth of individuals served using an ongoing person-centered assessment and planning process. Coordinates service and support activities of the interdisciplinary team and other internal and external stakeholders. Ensures necessary documentation required of the clinical record is completed timely and maintained according to agency policy and procedure. Provide direct supervision and training to Direct Support Professionals. Provide on call support on a rotating basis.
- Provides positive support and advocates for the individuals served.
- Assists to identify and communicate with the interdisciplinary team issues, concerns, barriers, triggers or changes in functional status with the individual served to develop proactive and positive interventions that promote continued independence.
- Assist the individual in accessing community resources and securing/retaining public assistance. Communicate to the interdisciplinary team any identified funding or service needs.
- Supervise and monitor direct support employees as they carry out the implementation of the service plan.
- Develop and maintain schedules for assigned employees to meet needs of Individual's served. Scheduling duties would also include adjusting for necessary changes to accommodate vacation, sick leave and other absences that may occur. Coordinator will also ensure that employees are scheduled for and successfully complete all required training as per agency policy.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.